09 October 2011

Giving Thanks

On this beautiful crisp morning it is hard not to give thanks for all of our bounty. Walking my dog along the river always reminds me how lucky I have been in my life to have been born in Canada. The beauty of the natural surroundings, the peace and tranquility of a free and democratic society and the shear joy of living in a place that has autumn, are some of the things I am thankful for. I am mindful that not everyone here or elsewhere is as lucky as I have been, and I pray for them as I do for us.

We are grateful at this time for the bountiful harvest in our lives. I am grateful for the opportunities presented to me and for all the wonderful people who have crossed my path. May the blessings of the season be always with you. I wish you and your loved ones a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU.. We are so stuck in our lives that we need a shove. Go to an aged home and see how blessed we are. I saw my aunt today and it crushed me after I ripped my head off for complaining that my tea was cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for your support of our presentation to the Parks board on the Memorial South Tennis Courts.Good luck on your run for a second term on the Parks Board. I have made a small donation in support of your quest.
    Terrence Kong

    ReplyDelete