20 November 2011

Thank you Vancouver for allowing me three incredible years of service

With all the polls closed a result of 44,761 votes wasn't enough for re-election. I have had three wonderful years as a Park Board commissioner and have no regrets. I stood up for what I believed and did the good work I thought needed doing. My congratulations to the winners and my thanks for those who ran and were not successful.

I will miss the service to the public, but I won't miss the partisan shots. I hope the new Board will be more tolerant and more willing to listen to other viewpoints, though I somehow doubt it. Politics has become a very nasty business. I won't miss that. I wish the new Board great success and hope that they live up to their oath of office to preserve, protect and promote parks and recreation in Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment