Martha Perkins / Vancouver Courier April 8, 2017 09:25 AM
Vancouverites like gentle rain, and even torrential downpours. We don't, however, like rain that comes from the side apparently. Photograph By David Marcu
You are very good recyclers but only a third of you have recently used a carshare.
To celebrate its birthday on April 6, the City of Vancouver used its TalkVancouver portal to ask residents about their own "Vanniversary" — the day that marks their arrival in Vancouver or, if they were born here, what they like to do in Vancouver on their birthday to celebrate..
More than 2,300 people responded. Here are some highlights.
• 69 per cent moved here from somewhere else; the most common reason was the lure of west coast life
When you knew you were a Vancouverite
• “Frustrated with housing prices, we finally decided to pull the chute on Vancouver – but then we couldn't choose another Canadian city that had this balance of bikeability, weather, friends and fun. So we're here to stay....”
You and the Rain
• 55 per cent say "rain blowing sideways" is their least favourite type of rain
You and the Snow
• while half of us thought winter was far too long, it also held some of our favourite memories such as skating on Trout Lake and brought people together
On Vancouver "typical" attitudes and behaviour
• beautiful, expensive and green were three of the most popular words to describe the city
For the full report is go here and find the link at the bottom of the article.
© 2017 Vancouver Courier